On Friday 24th March 2017 the final presentation of the "CB-GREEN: Cross-Border – Green, Renewable and Energy Efficiency Network" project was held in Neum.
As part of the presentation, the representatives of local municipalities, public institutions and media of Bosnia-Herzegovina were addressed by the representatives of the donor, Mr. Massimo Mina, head of Operation Section for Social Development, Civil Society, and Cross-Border Cooperation of the Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina, and by the representatives of the project partners. The main results of the two-year project were presented, as well as the long-term effects of the project's implementation, which started on 1 April 2015.
"CB-GREEN; Cross-Border – Green, Renewable & Energy Efficiency Network" project was financed by the EU under the IPA Cross-Border Programme Croatia – Bosnia and Herzegovina 2007 – 2013. The project was successfully implemented by 6 partner organisations that operate on the territory of Bosnia-Herzegovina and the Republic of Croatia. The Competent Authority for the implementation of the project in Bosnia-Herzegovina is the Municipality of Neum with its partners – the City of Mostar and the REDAH Regional Development Agency. The Competent Authority for the implementation of the project in the Republic of Croatia is the City of Zadar with its partners – ZADRA NOVA Agency and the Eko-Zadar Association.
The project goal was to protect and preserve the environment and encourage the sustainable use of energy sources in Herzegovina-Neretva Canton and the Zadar County through joint actions and awareness-raising campaigns on energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) system utilisation in the public sector.
In Bosnia-Herzegovina, as part of the project, a number of activities were realised:
1) Energy efficiency action plans/programmes for the Municipality of Neum and the City of Mostar were made
2) A Project Ideas Network in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in Herzegovina-Neretva Canton was formed
3) EE Teams and EE Info Desks in the Municipality of Neum and the City of Mostar were set up
4) New EE technologies in the Municipality of Neum were implemented by replacing old and installing new lighting fixtures
5) Educational workshops for public administration structures were held
6) Awareness-raising campaign on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, and environmental protection was conducted.